|| 25 736501
Dr. Nikos Karfakis studied BA Business Economics at the University of Glamorgan (UK) and MSc and PhD in Management at the University of Leicester (UK). He is the MBA programme coordinator and a Senior Lecturer in Business and Hospitality at CTL Eurocollege, Limassol, Cyprus. He teaches management, organisational behaviour and marketing. His research interest focuses on the organisation of work and organisation studies, specifically on organisational change, downsizing, leadership, and job satisfaction. He has published in and serves as ad hoc reviewer for several academic journals.
2008-2013: PhD Management, School of Management, University of Leicester, UK
2003-2004: MSc Management, School of Management, University of Leicester, UK
2003-2004: BA (Hons) Business Economics, Business School, University of Glamorgan, UK
2021-: MBA Programme Coordinator/Senior Lecturer, CTL Eurocollege, Limassol, Cyprus
2019-2021: Lecturer, InterNapa College, Sotira, Cyprus
2019-2020: Lecturer, CDA College, Cyprus
2019-2019: Teaching Personnel, European University, Nicosia, Cyprus
2018-2019: MBA Course Leader, Alexander College, Larnaca, Cyprus
2017-2018: MSc Business Management Course Leader, Alexander College/University of the West of England, Larnaca, Cyprus
2016-2019: Lecturer, MSc, BA, Alexander College/University of the West of England, Larnaca, Cyprus
2014-2016: Lecturer, MBA, University of Nicosia Online, Larnaca, Cyprus
2014-2017: Associate Tutor, MBA, School of Management, University of Leicester, UK
2009-2013: Associate Tutor, MBA, School of Management, University of Leicester, UK
PUBLISHED PAPERS, ABSTRACTS AND ARTICLES
- Evangelides, P. and Karfakis, N. (2019) Leadership Styles, Effectiveness and Preferences–
Empirical Evidence from the Cyprus Banking Sector, Acta Universitatis Danubius, 15(2): 82-92.
- Karfakis, N. and Kokkinidis, G. (2019) On guilt and the depoliticization of downsizing practices, International Journal of Sociology and Social Policy, 39(1-2): 156-180.
- Karfakis, N. (2018) The Biopolitics of CFS/ME, Studies in History and Philosophy of Biological and Biomedical Studies, 70: 20-28.
- Karfakis, N. and Kokkinidis, G. (2011) Rethinking cynicism: Parrhesiastic practices in contemporary workplaces, Culture and Organization, 17(4): 329-345.
Karfakis N. (2022) Ανατροπές στον τρόπο εργασίας; Οι προκλήσεις της τηλεργασίας. https://paideia-news.com/ctl-eurocollege/2022/09/25/anatropes-ston-tropo-ergasias;-oi-prokliseis-tis-tilergasias/
Karfakis N. (2021) Remote work and the future of work. Ctl Eurocollege SST Research Journal. p. 48-50. Limassol, Cyprus.
- ‘Gambling in Cyprus: Economy, Society, Culture’. Presentation at Πάρε την τύχη στα χέρια σου – CreateΒeforeRegret, Alexander College, Cyprus, November 7th 2018.
- ‘The Experience of Unemployment: The Case of Cyprus’. Presentation at the 1st Annual Conference at the Center for Critical Perspectives on Politics, Economy and Culture, European University, Cyprus, August 31st 2018.
- ‘Interdisciplinarity: A historical and critical look’. Presentation at University of Nicosia,Cyprus, 3rd February 2018.
- ‘Technology and Efficiency in MSEs – The Case of Larnaca’. Presentation at Synthesizing the abilities of Wisdom, Intelligence and Creativity in Practice seminar, Alexander Research Center, Alexander College, Larnaca, 13th November 2017
- “I should have seen it coming...’: An examination of downsizing practices and guilt’. Paper presented at Organising through displacement, travel and movement: Transience, transitions and transformations, Standing Conference of Organisational Symbolism (SCOS 2012), Barcelona, Spain, 11th-14th July 2012.
- ‘Re-thinking cynicism: Kynical parrhesia in contemporary workplaces’. Paper presented at Is Resistance Really Futile?, A Centre for Philosophy and Political Economy Event, one day workshop, School of Management, University of Leicester, 9th March 2010.
- Philosophy and Management, Workshop, Copenhagen Business School, 24th–26th March 2010.
- ‘Struggle over and against representation: Godard meets the workers’. Paper presented with Steve Vallance at the PhD conference, School of Management, University of Leicester, 2010.
- ‘Re-thinking cynicism: Parrhesiastic practices in contemporary workplaces’. Paper presented at The bridge: connection, separation, organization, Standing Conference of Organisational Symbolism (SCOS 2009), Copenhagen, Denmark, 8th-11th July 2009.
AD HOC REVIEWER
Culture and Organisation
Journal of Business Ethics
Ephemera: theory & politics in organization
The Journal of Medical Ethics
European Group for Organization Studies (EGOS)