The aim of the code is to establish a common understanding of the standards of behaviour expected from all employees.
The Code places an obligation on all to take responsibility for their conduct and work with colleagues cooperatively to establish consultative and collaborative workplaces where people are happy and proud to work.
Strict observance of the Code is fundamental to the proper functioning and reputation of the College.
The code consists of the following:
- Always act with fairness, honesty and integrity. Respect the opinion of others and treat all with equality and dignity without regard to gender, race, colour and creed, place of origin, political beliefs, religion, marital status, disability, age, or sexual orientation.
- Promote the mission and objectives of the College when dealing with the students’ other colleagues or other associates.
- Provide a positive and constructive service to the people you are dealing with.
- Comply with both the letter and the spirit of any training or orientation provided to you by the College
- Adhere to the policies and procedures of the College and support the decisions and directions of the Administration.
- Dress decently and follow the dress code. Basic elements for appropriate and professional business attire include clothing that is in neat and clean condition. Basic guidelines for appropriate workplace dress do not include short pants, tank tops for men, low-cut blouses or sweaters, or any extreme style or fashion in dress and footwear.
- Observe the personal hygiene rules. Always keep common areas clean after use.
- Be punctual. Observe the time schedule provided to you through the contract of employment.
- Show respect to your superiors, colleagues and students
- Follow the procedures to facilitate the effective resolution of problems. Follow the procedures when taking decisions or actions. Ensure that you do not exceed the authority of your position.
- If a conflict of interest arises between the personal interests of an employee and the interests of the College, the employee must hand in his/her resignation immediately.
- Respect and maintain the confidentiality of information gained as employee, including, but not limited to, all computer software and files of the College
- Respect and maintain all business documents, records and printouts while working at the College.
- Respect and maintain all business documents, records and printouts even if the contract of employment is not renewed.
- Respect and maintain the confidentiality of individual personal information provided to you by students or other colleagues.
- Personal / Sexual harassment, comment, gesture or contact that one would find to be unwanted or unwelcome by any individual is considered unacceptable in any case.