Erasmus+ Policy Statement
The Institution aims to:
- Provide the opportunity to students and staff to further their education, knowledge, training and experiences.
- Provide the opportunity to meet people from various cultures and backgrounds.
- Expand the collaboration with other Higher Education Institutions providing the opportunity to improve the quality of its programmes.
- Provide support for research activities and encourage publications in academic journals.
- Inform faculty, students and the public about the Erasmus+ activities and its important benefits.
- Provide technological and any other form of support in research projects and mobility actions.
- Offer career advancement to the participants.
- Recognize transferred credits and include them in students’ academic records.
- Give students an inclusive education that fosters a spirit of acceptance and respect of others regardless of race, colour, nationality, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, and other perceived characteristics.
The Erasmus+ mobility programmes have an important impact both to the Institution and the participants.
- Provide opportunities for collaboration with other Higher Education Institutions to improve the quality of its academic programmes.
- Provide to participants the opportunity for inclusive education and to meet people from various cultures and backgrounds so as to respect uniqueness in others and foster a spirit of acceptance regardless of their perceived characteristics.
- Offer opportunities through inbound and outbound mobility to exchange knowledge and practices with colleagues from other Institutions regarding teaching methods, technology and other good practices.
- Strengthen the quality of services offered by the Institution through mobility and cross-border cooperation.
- Provide opportunities to create a promising research environment for all the participants.
- Provide opportunities to expand the network of the Institution’s collaboration with other academics.
- Provide opportunities to students and staff to further their education, knowledge, training and experiences at other Institutions abroad.
- Strengthen the Institution’s attempt to achieve its aim in accordance with its social contribution to produce highly qualified students/staff.
- Support the Institution’s mission to empower students in achieving their goals by providing excellent educational and transfer opportunities.
The Institution follows a set of good practices in order to safeguard the successful completion of all the above:
- Established an Erasmus+ Committee which strives to secure the integrity, transparency and fairness of the selection process for the Erasmus+ programmes.
- Provides incentives and information to students and staff through seminars in order to draw their interest to register in mobility programmes.
- Provides Erasmus+ Days to give the opportunity to participants to share their experiences with others.
- Follows a well set of procedures that secure the right selection of participants.
- Follows a well set of procedures that safeguard the successful completion of the mobility.
- Maintains excellent communication with its partners.
- Provides travelling and cultural support to participants.
- Provides linguistic support by promoting tools provided by the Erasmus+.
- Provides academic records containing full, accurate information regarding students’ achievements at the end of the mobility period.